So I got a Puppy! Meet Willow Pumpkin! She’s a mini goldendoodle and has been one of my best pandemic purchases. I’ve wanted a puppy for years, and now that I’m working from home (for the near future), I thought the timing was just right. She’s small but sassy, cute, and lots of fun.
I got her from Just Puppies in Towson when she was 8 weeks old. It all started with a search on their site when I saw there were 4 mini goldendoodles available. I made an appointment to meet her, paid a deposit, and the next day I met her and took her home! As of today, she’s 6 months old and a little under 9 lbs.
I’ve heard horror stories about the first night home with Puppy, but my Willow did great. Slept in her crate all night, no crying, and no accidents in her bed. Only a few nights my sleep was interrupted, but overall she’s crate trained and about 98% housebroken now. She doesn’t love when I leave the house, but only because she’s used to me being home all the time.
Shockingly I’ve listed only one toy in her list of favorites, she has grown quite the toy collection.
- Nylabone Puppy Chew Teething Pacifier – this toy is one of the most durable chew toys, after a few months we’re on our second one
- Fleece Blanket Cover for Pets – a super cozy blanket for lounging on the couch or floor
- (3 Pack) Nutri Source Soft and Tender Dog Treats – a favorite treat and the same brand of her dog food
- Snow – a wintertime favorite and she’s lucked out with a few good snow days this winter
- Puppacino – tried her first Starbucks Puppacino and was in love!
Puppy Mom Favorites
As a first time Puppy Mom I also have some favorites. After some research and lots of purchases, here are my faves:
- Customized Bandana by D&M Dog Fashions – adorable banana that was perfect for the holidays
- REMTAP Retractable Dog Leash with Rechargeable LED Light – perfect leash that I can wear like a bangle and allows me to multitask if I need to use my phone and has a handy light for night time potty breaks (and a more cost-effective option to PETKIT leash)
- Bags on Board Strong – Triple Berry Scent – makes the potty trips a little more pleasant
- Small Dog Car Seat – cute little car seat basket for when we’re on the go
- Custom Sweaters – hand crocheted by her GiGi so she’s fly all winter
Stay tuned for more to come about little Miss Willow.